This is possibly my favorite Paleo recipe. It’s loaded with good fats, and has that little bit of sweetness that is a perfect compliment to any meal. (Think inside-of-a-pumpkin-pie delicious). Plus, with the pumpkin and sweet potato, it’s also a great PWO (post-workout) snack to replenish your glycogen stores!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin (1/2 of a small one)
- Sweet Potato (1 med. large)
- Coconut Milk (3/4 of a cup)
- Eggs (3 large, Omega-3 enriched)
- Cinnamon (1 Tbsp)
- Nutmeg (1/4 tsp)
- Allspice (1/4 tsp)
- Sea Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 2″ cubes.
- Remove the guts of the pumpkin, and cut in to large cubes.
- Steam sweet potato and pumpkin together until very soft.
- Remove the pumpkin rind (I usually just cut away with a knife.)
- Put the sweet potato and pumpkin into a food processor to get it whipped up really well, or just mash it up in a bowl with whatever you’ve got.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Souffle should develop a slight crust on top.
So remember, changing your eating habits doesn’t have to be painful, and the new foods you discover can be DELICIOUS. I know that one of the biggest adjustments for me was cooking my own food, and when I started, I was terrible at it. But you WILL get better. In less than a year, I’m cooking up stuff like this and I actually enjoy my own food better than going out to eat! I never expected that. And if I can do it, you can too.
Enjoy, and stay healthy everybody!