Delicious mod on stuffed peppers that Valerie came up with to suit our caveman/woman selves. These are seriously awesome.
What You Need:
- Bell-Peppers, 4 medium-sized
- Onion, 1 medium-sized
- Ground Beef, about 1 lb.
- Tomato Sauce (If you can, try to find one without hidden sugar in it! Ours is just tomato and salt and it’s delicious.)
- a clove of Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Basil, Oregano, Sea Salt, and Black Pepper
- Take 4 medium bell peppers, cut off the tops and clean the inside, and boil them in a pot for 5 min. or until the color is really vibrant.
- Chop a medium-sized onion and saute it for about 5 min. in 3 tbsp of olive oil or until translucent.
- Then, add a minced clove of garlic in with the onion for another 30 sec. to a min.
- To start making the filling, combine the ground beef, onion, and garlic mix in a big bowl, and add 1/3-1/2 a cup of tomato sauce along with basil, oregano, sea salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the peppers, and then line them up in a baking dish with 1/4 inch water in the bottom.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 min. and enjoy!
Notes: Great with salsa. You can experiment with whatever seasonings you may like in the filling. Some ideas we had were: cumin, cayenne pepper, tabasco sauce, and possibly subbing the tomato sauce directly for salsa.
Enjoy, and stay healthy everybody!