Here’s the link to the information. You can navigate through the 4 sub-sections of results using the links at the top. http://naturallyengineered.com/blog/paleo-community-survey-2011-results-demographic-information/
10 points of interest that I took away from the survey:
- Gender Balanced: 51.94% Male / 48.06% Female
- Trend towards Higher-Education: 71.13% of Paleo-eaters hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Recently Adopted: The majority of Paleo-eaters started this lifestyle within the last 2 years. (68.53%)
- Other interests: There is a high interest among the Paleo community in buying local (localvore) and pastured livestock. (#grassfedmeat, #seasonalveggies)
- Mainstream?: Over half of Paleo eaters don’t think this lifestyle will become mainstream. (#whynot?)
- Cooking time: The vast majority of people spend between 1-2 hours cooking a day. This seems reasonable to me.
- Family Adherence: Only 20% of families also follow a Paleo lifestyle. This follows the trend that the hardest people to convince is your family. (#psychology101)
- Social Drinking: Wine is the alcoholic drink of choice. (#delicious)
- Health: 87% of people report an improvement in their overall health. (#FTW)
- Energy: 80% of people report improved energy levels.
What did you take away from the survey? Are you interested in starting a Paleo lifestyle? If so, what (if any) reservations do you have?