I’ve been working with Coach Tessa from Force Fitness to help with a severe case of scapular winging, and we’ve made huge progress in only a week. Scapular winging is often misunderstood and miscued, so we thought this was a good opportunity to review exercises we use to help. The video gets cut off at the end (camera battery died) but the good content is still in there.
Coach Tessa says she feels better everywhere in her training after implementing these exercises: pulling, squats, you name it! Great work Coach T and keep it up!
BONUS CONTENT FOR BLOG
Add these movements to your warm up and in between sets
- Crocodile Breathing x10 breaths -> Key to getting the diaphragm active and rib cage mobile again!
- Prone Nods x15 reps -> Open up the chest and sit up nice and tall on the elbows!
- Upper Quadrant 1/2 Roll w/ PVC (shown in video) x10 each
- Commando Rockbacks (shown in video) x30 reps
- Backwards Baby Crawl (shown in video) x20 yards
Use these movements on mobility days or days when you aren’t doing a ton of heavy pulling work, etc.:
- Scapular CARs (shown in video) x5 reps each
- Scapular Wall Iso Holds (shown in video) x10 seconds each, 5 rounds
- Bottom’s Up Kettlebell Carry x30 yards each, 3 rounds
- Bottom’s Up 1/2 Turkish Get-Up x3 reps each, 3 rounds
If you’re in the Bloomington area, come on in to Force Fitness to see how we can help you! forcebloomington.com
Subscribe for updates and learn more about coaching for the human animal by dropping your name and email into the hellobar at the top of the screen!